Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kim Kardashian Eau De Parfum Rollerball

I was pleasantly surprised with this scent, but it's nothing incredibly memorable, in my opinion. It's supposed to smell sultry and sensual, and sure, it sort of does, but a little too generic. It definitely smells feminine without being "over the top," though.

I had tried another rose-rich scent before, the popular one by Stella, but it smells like rotten roses on my skin. However, the KK (Kim Kardashian) scent ended up smelling like actual roses on my skin, with a hint of soft vanilla tuberose.

This seems like a more toned-down version of the Victoria's Secret "Sexy Little Things." It is jam-packed with a bunch of different scents, like jasmine, tuberose, orange blossom, orchid mandarin and gardenia (mainly florals), and for the musky undertones: tonka bean, jacaranda wood, and sandalwood. Usually, scents will evolve over time, smelling the top notes first (usually citruses), then middle notes (usually florals), then the heavy undertones (musks, vanillas, etc). However, this scent seemed to smell the same way on my skin over some hours, which is sort of boring, in my opinion. Additionally, this is not a very long-lasting scent, at least in the rollerball form. It's a nice, "safe" female scent, but may turn out more sensual and exotic on other skins.

Here's the full version:

No comments:

Post a Comment